Courses offed at LHS
• Arts and Music: Studio Art: (Drawing Portfolio, Studio Art: 2-D Design Portfolio), Music Theory
• English: English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition
• History and Social Sciences: U.S. Government and Politics, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology,
U.S. History, World History, European History
• Mathematics and Computer Science: Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Computer Science A, Statistics
• Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics 1, Environmental Science
• World languages: French Language and Culture, Spanish Language
Registering for AP Classes at LHS
•Students are asked to think carefully when choosing which AP class(es) they wish to participate in.
Prior to class registration, it is recommend that students discuss with teachers, counselors, parents, and fellow students to find out information about the class(es) they are considering.
•It’s recommended that students take no more than 3 AP classes at a time. If students wish to take more, the Administration asks that a meeting take place between the student/parent/teacher/counselor to make sure this class “load” can be handled.
•All students and parents are asked to sign an AP “Contract/Agreement” at the time of class registration to confirm that they understand the academic challenge of the AP curriculum they are committing too.